Please share with your public sector and local resilience partners and colleagues.
“Enabling Safe Business - cyber resilient local public services”
Wednesday, September 19, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM(registration from 8:30, 9:00 start)
Stadium of Light, Sunderland
Cyber Security is a Tier One National Security risk, alongside pandemic, terrorism and environmental risks. The potential business impacts of a cyber-attack are disruption of services, threat to service users’ (customers’) safety, reputational damage, regulatory fines and the demand for resources required to demonstrate compliance after the event.
The North Eastern ICT Partnership is hosting an event to bring together resilience, business continuity, IT management and IT security colleagues from local public-sector organisations to share experience and discuss civic cyber resilience. It is one of a number of events taking place in September on cyber resilience in the north east region, collectively labelled “#cyberfest”.
who should attend?
- public service managers (especially those responsible for services for vulnerable people)
- managers responsible for resilience, business continuity
- managers responsible for elections, registrars
- managers responsible for IT, IT security
- information asset owners
- elected Members
- emergency services
- charities and third sector organisations delivering public services
- LRF partners in the private sector
planned content includes
- Supporting councils with civic cyber resilience, LGA (confirmed)
- National cyber security programme and civic resilience, MHCLG and Emergency Planning College (confirmed)
- Vulnerabilities from consumer technology and social media, Mark Johnson, TRMG (confirmed)
- What’s the private sector doing locally? Dynamo North East (confirmed)
- Start at home - changing your organisation’s culture around cyber resilience
- An overview of LRFs and key processes / language
- Current cyber threat landscape
- Feedback from Northumbria LRF Exercise Skynet
- Tools available to public sector (NCSC invited)
A limited number of guest spaces are available for colleagues outside the public sector and LRF communities. Please contact me if you’d like someone inviting.
North Eastern ICT Partnership
This e-mail and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Gateshead Council.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Communications by e-mail are not guaranteed to be private or secure.
Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this e-mail in error.